931 total views, 2 views today
Australia is every traveler’s dream. It’s full of amazing cities, beautiful scenery, and fun-loving people. What is there not to love? An excellent destination to visit while traveling in a cheap campervan hire Australia is Brisbane. It’s a place full of beautiful architecture, friendly and multi-cultural people, and for the most part, gorgeous weather.
It may not be as well-known as Melbourne or Sydney, but it definitely should be on your itinerary. Not only is it a great destination, but there are also plenty of things and activities to do and many of them are free. If you are traveling on a budget or want to spend less, in order to travel more, you can enjoy Brisbane on less. While there are a lot of fun things to do that do cost money, there are just as many that do not.
The following activities and places are some of the best free things to experience in Brisbane, Australia. Take a look:
- Every week you can catch some live music provided by City Sounds. With nine gigs offered weekly, there is always an opportunity for you to see some up and coming talent getting their time in the spotlight. While many artists may have yet to make it on the big stage, there is no doubt that many of them will someday. Every now and then, top international and national singers will play a show, but for the most part, you’ll be able to catch local artists who are on their way to making a name for themselves.
- Visit Kangaroo Point. There, you can have a picnic as you admire the boats floating on by, the adventurers on the nearby cliffs, or go cycling yourself. It’s a beautiful spot with top views of Brisbane, so make sure to include it on your list of places to see while in the area. Best of all, it’s free.
- Catch a comedy show at the Brisbane Powerhouse where they have an hour of free comedy on Friday nights. What could be better than starting off your Friday night with laughs and fun? It’s an excellent way to get the night started without worrying about overspending.
- Enjoy the weather at New Farm Park as you hang out with friends of stretch our legs with the kids. There is no one charging you for enjoying life in this charming spot in the middle of the city.
- Go hiking near the city. Because hiking doesn’t cost anything, you’ll want to enjoy the beauty of Brisbane from the mountains nearby. Hop in your cheap campervan hire Australia and head on out of the city and into nature. Whether you climb on up to the top of Mt. Coot-tha to enjoy views of the city or explore Mt Gravatt, you can be sure that the effort will be worth it. Make sure to take your camera along or bring a charged phone, as there are plenty of opportunities for beautiful photos to remember your trip to Brisbane.
- Take some time exploring local national parks. From D’ Aguilar National Park to Brisbane Forest Park, nature lovers don’t have to go far to enjoy greenery and natural beauty. You’ll be sure to have a fabulous time while also being able to capture great views. Make sure to bring your camera.
- Browse around open markets, such as the Davis Park Market. While you may not be able to acquire the goods for free, you won’t be charged for looking, so why not spend some time outside while you consider future purchases. There will be all kinds of goods, foods, and crafts to admire while you enjoy partaking in the Brisbane atmosphere.
- If you want to enjoy seeing the city from the water without having to worry about creatures IN the water, the CityHopper ferry is free. You shouldn’t swim in the Brisbane river-nor would you want to-but seeing the city from another perspective is a great way to admire its beauty.
- You have to visit the South Bank Parklands if you want to get to know the heart of Brisbane. There, you will be able to enjoy splashing around in Streets Beach, enjoy a bite to eat at a nearby restaurant or simply relax in the gardens. This is a great spot to take the family if you’re traveling with children, as you can trust that they will be entertained in the summer months without you having to worry about booking tours or amusement parks.
Brisbane has plenty of free things to do and see and is worth visiting with or without money. While the above things are free, you can also find plenty to do for low prices and will find that Brisbane is just as happening and as fun as some of the other popular Australian cities.