434 total views, 1 views today
The dental health is an issue that has a significant impact on our overall wellbeing. And although some may believe that it is only an aesthetic issue, having healthy teeth and a healthy mouth brings many benefits to our health. But do you know how to take care of your teeth? If you think that brushing is the only measure to take into account to keep your teeth healthy, we explain all the aspects that you should consider in your dental hygiene.
- From a young age they teach us that brushing is the best way to take care of our teeth. Certainly, brushing your teeth properly is essential to keep them healthy and avoid the formation of tartar or decay. You should brush your teeth after every meal, trying not to wait long between finishing the food and cleaning them, in this way you will avoid the formation of bacteria that cause bad breath . You also prevent some foods like coffee or tea from staining your teeth.
- But taking care of your teeth is not just about brushing them. The use of dental floss is critical, because often small portions of food are trapped between our teeth, increasing susceptibility to caries. To make matters worse, the toothbrush is not always capable of cleaning effectively between our teeth or under the gums, a job that only dental floss can do. Using it also reduces the chance of suffering from bad breath by improving dental hygiene.
- It is important to know how to choose the type of products we use to care for our teeth. Currently in the market you can find many types of toothpaste and mouth rinses, however the enriched with fluoride are the best to take care of your teeth, since this mineral effectively prevents the formation of caries protecting our teeth.
- What you eat and drink has its effects on your teeth. Wine, especially red wine, beverages such as coffee, tea, soft drinks, food with dyes and tobacco are progressively staining our teeth making them appear yellow over time. It is important that when consuming this type of food cepilles your teeth immediately, thus reducing the chances that their ingredients affect your tooth enamel .
- Take care of your food and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, thanks to their vitamins and nutrients will help keep your teeth healthy. Do not abuse sweets, pastries and sugar and if you do remember to brush your teeth right away, because sugar is one of the main causes of cavities.
- If you want to take care of your teeth do not expose them to unnecessary injuries. Although our teeth are hard they can also break or injure ourselves, especially if we use them to open objects or bite extremely hard things (wires, nutshells, etc.)
- Even following all these indications, there is a fundamental aspect to take care of your teeth that you can never ignore: visit your dentist periodically. At least once a year we should receive a deep and professional cleaning to remove plaque that has accumulated and that does not come out with brushing or flossing.
In addition it is important to undergo a review to rule out the presence of cavities, gingivitis and other oral lesions that could affect us.
By following these tips you will be taking care of your teeth to show a beautiful and healthy smile.
This article is purely informative, in ONE we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.