16 total views, 1 views today
Bhopal is one of the finest tourist attractions of the country. There are a lot of fun things to do and explore when in the city. Many of Bhopal’s finest and thrilling actions remain unexplored till date.
The first thing that you need to do when it comes to planning your trip to Bhopal is look up the hotels in Bhopal with rates and reserve one which suits your rate. Once you are done checking into your hotel, here are some of the fun filled activities that you ought to try out in the city:
- Let’s start with the most serene one. The major attraction inside the city is the Upper Lake. This is the largest lake in Bhopal and that too an artificial one. It was built during the reign of Raja Bhoja, one of the finest and the most prolific rulers of this region after whom the city has been named. The Upper Lake allows you to escape into nature thanks to the tranquil atmosphere. It does not remain too crowded and you can try out activities like kayaking and boat riding here. This is also a very famous spot for bird watchers.
- If you want to explore the natural side of Bhopal, then you should definitely visit the Van Vihar National Park. This is the perfect place for bird watching exploring the natural side of Bhopal. The National Park has more than 100 species of birds and animals all waiting to be explored. If you are interested in plants then you will be able to enjoy a wide variety of some of the rarest ones. This is located right in the heart of the city and hence you will have no difficulty in reaching this place.
- Are you interested in really fun historical activities? Well then you should book a car from one the hotels that you check into after tallying the Bhopal hotels rates and head out to the Bhimbetka Caves. There are about 400 rock shelters in this region. The fun part about visiting these caves is that you will get to witness specimens of drawing and get a hint of the life of the early man! If you want to trace the history of the evolution of man, then these caves make an interesting study since they are spread over various time periods.
- Bhopal is also ideal for pilgrimage activities since the Sanchi Stupa is located about 45kms away from here. It is one of the oldest stone structures in India and is also one of the most revered sites of Buddhist pilgrimage. So you can check this place out for pilgrimage as well as from historical interest.
- And last but not the least you must take a tour of the National Museum of Mankind. It is one of the finest places in the country if you want to learn about the tribal life of the people of India. Various temporary exhibitions are held here as well that throw light on the contemporary tribal life of India.
So if you want to make the most of your trip to Bhopal, then the above mentioned activities are something that you ought to try out!