244 total views, 1 views today
An Overview of Concrete Countertops and their Benefits
Although a large number of homeowners all across the globe are opting for concrete countertops, in order to enhance the outlook of their bathrooms and kitchens, there are some, who are still skeptical about these structures. In the following write-up, I am going to explore some of the significant aspects that would not only substantiate the popularity of the counters but also successfully clear the reservations of consumers.
What are Countertops?
Countertops, also known as counters, tabletops or bench tops, could be loosely defined as a horizontal area, which is specifically installed in the kitchens and washrooms or lavatories. Apart from being a decorative item, these supportive constructions are often mounted to accommodate sinks, stoves, dispensers, drain and cutting boards.
What kind of Materials can be used in the Manufacture of Countertops?
Some of the popular materials that manufacturers use to construct countertops are as follows:
- Natural Stone or Granite
- Ceramic Tile
- Plastic Laminate
- Solid Surfaces like Polyester and Acrylic
Among all the aforementioned materials, it is concrete that has managed to acquire immense popularity in the recent times. An increasing number of people are preferring concrete countertops because of the exceptional benefits they offer. Let’s check some of them as they are mentioned below in brief.
What are the Pros of using Concrete Countertops?
- The concrete countertops are noted for having extreme tensile strengths. They are also known for being exceptionally durable. These structures are generally covered with a protective sealer due to which they can successfully resist cracking, staining, chipping, scratching and all other sorts of damages.
- Concrete is specifically chosen as a material because the countertops made out of it are generally smooth. Moreover, they can upscale your house in an amazing manner by adding class as well as a distinction to the bathroom or kitchen.
- The countertops made of concrete could retain its brand-new shine for prolonged periods. One does not need to spend much money on the maintenance. You could get rid of accumulated dirt as well as dust by cleaning the surface with warm water and mild soap or detergents. pH cleansers are also recommended.
- Most of the modern-day consumers are in favor of concrete countertops because they get diverse styling options to choose from. One of the most popular examples is terrazzo-styled semi-circle countertop with tiny glass chips or small colored stones integrated into it. Another design that is often chosen by consumers is the vein look, which is famous for its natural appearance and because of the fact that it can hide any kind of hairline cracks.
- Finally, yet importantly, concrete countertops stand to be readily available and that too at an affordable price, however, additional specifications might increase the charges.
While DIY concrete countertops is always an option, it is better to hire professional for the purpose of installation. In this respect, readers must feel free to contact the reputed Concrete Countertop Solution that has been operating since 2009. Adequate experience and proficiency allowed this outlet to deliver innovative solutions that could be tailored to suit individual requirements and expectations.